1) 1 Can of green lentils (drained weight 265g)
2) 1 tbsp of either grated fresh ginger or ginger puree
3) 1 vegetable stock pot
4) 1 tsp tumeric
5) 1 tbsp mild curry powder
6) sprinkle of red chilli flakes (optional)
7) 2 garlic cloves
8) 7g of coconut oil or olive oil
9)400ml of light coconut milk
10) 1 large carrot diced (I used 155g)
11) 1 large onion (mine was 223g)
12) 500g of diced butternut squash
13) 40g cashew butter
14) Top or stir in some spinach (optional)
- Melt oil in pan & add carrot, onion, butternut squash, ginger, curry powder, tumeric, & chili flakes if using
- Fry off for a few minutes & then add in coconut milk & stock - I used about 300ml with my stock pot.
- Simmer until vegetables cooked through, add in can of drained.lentils to heart through.
- Stir in cashew butter
- Cool slightly before blending - you could also blend half & keep half chunky & then combine them, stir in spinach if using.
Nutritional Information based on my quantities & the brand of coconut milk used - makes 4-5 servings.
Based on 5 servings:
Calories - 251
Carbohydrates - 21.6g
Fat - 14g
Also over 5g fibre, potassium, vitamins A & C