Ingredients (serves 4):
- 275ml milk - I used semi skimmed
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 250g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp (35g) tahini
- 125g banana mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cal oil spray
- Honey, fruit & 0% Greek yoghurt to serve
- Preheat the oven to 140/Fan 120/Gas 1
- To make the pancakes, pour the milk into a small saucepan. Cut open the tea bags and add the leaves to the milk, along with the cinnamon and cardamom. Bring to a gentle simmer over a medium heat, then remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Put the tahini, banana and egg into a separate bowl and pour the tea-infused milk through a strainer over them. Whisk well to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk well until combined, making sure there are not any lumps.
- Place 2 non stick frying pans over a medium heat and add a few sprays of oil to each. Drop 3 large spoonfuls of batter into each pan, spacing them well apart. Cook for 1 minute then flip each one over and cook on the other side for 1 minute, flatten them a little with the back of the spoon as they cook.
- Place the 6 pancakes on a tray and keep them warm in the oven, while you cook the next batch.
- I served mine with a bit of banana, berries & some 0% Greek yoghurt & a squirt of honey. You could add some tahini to the yoghurt if you wanted.
Enjoy! If you make them, please send me a pic!