Yes! You've guessed it! This was one of my little pass times this Sunday - well I had to try it myself didn't I?!
So here it is and it's yum! It has got a slight LW adaption where I have added in a seeded mix.
And before you say anything it's not burnt! It's the lovely sticky dark dates that gives it this colour, honestly!
- 300g pitted dates roughly chopped
- 2 cups/500ml water
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups/180g rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp super seed mix (optional)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 50g dark chocolate to drizzle (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees or 160 degrees fan.
- Grease & line an 18 x 28cm rectangular tin (mine was a slightly different dimension but still did the trick!)
- Place the chopped dates into a saucepan with the water. Simmer for around 15 minutes or until softened and the mixture has started to thicken.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and stir to combine - note it will froth up
- Add the oats, chia seeds, seed mix if using and honey and stir to combine. If it's a little dry or wet, you could add more oats or water. If you do add additional oats please note the nutritional information I have calculated will of course differ.
- Press the mixture firmly into the tin.
- Bake for around 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Depending on how large or small you like the slices then divvy up accordingly.