Yes! You've got it! I was in search of another yummy, healthyish pud to eat & share, so, here it is!
I have adapted it slightly and we absolutely loved it!
Apologies in advance if you have "given up" chocolate for Lent (and a huge well done if you have!), but one to definitely try afterwards.
Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
500g light custard
100ml whole milk - I used semi skimmed, but any would be fine
1 vanilla pod, split & seeds scraped - I used a drizzle of vanilla essence instead
30g good-quality cocoa powder
50g dark chocolate (70% cocoa) roughly chopped
1 tbsp granulated sweetener - I'm not a huge fan of this, but a better choice than sugar!
4 tbsp chia seeds
180g raspberries - blueberries would also work nicely
- Pour the custard and milk into a medium saucepan and add the vanilla, cocoa powder, dark chocolate & sweetener.
- Place over a medium-low heat and heat slowly, whisking gently until the chocolate is completely melted - this will only take a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat and discard the vanilla pod (if using).
- Add the chia seeds to the chocolate mixture and whisk again until well combined.
- Divide half the raspberries between 4 small pots. Spoon the chia mixture into the pots and place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Top the remaining raspberries on top of the puddings & enjoy!
The great thing about chia seeds are, that they are packed with fibre, protein, healthy fats together with calcium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, B Vitamins, phosphorus & potassium! They are really versatile too, and great as a topper for porridge & overnight oats.