3 medium, ripe bananas, peeled & mashed
2 large eggs, beaten with a fork
125ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g plain wholemeal flour
25g cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
25g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200c (fan 180c/gas mark 6) & place 12 paper muffin cases into a 12-hole muffin tin
- Place the mashed bananas, eggs, maple syrup & vanilla extract into a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the banana mixture and tip in anything remaining in the sieve. Mix well with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Divide the mixture between the twelve muffin cases and place the chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Insert sharp knife into the centre to check that the muffins are baked. It should come out clean when ready.
- Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack to cool.