Ingredients (makes 20)
- 200g Medjool dates, pitted & roughly chopped
- 100ml boiling water
- 200g carrots grated
- 50g rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut plus as an extra 40g to finish (although you may not as much as this)
- 80g walnuts, toasted
- 80g pecan nuts, toasted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Place the dates in a heatproof bowl & pour on the boiling water. Cover & leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Put the rest of the ingredients into a food processor. Drain the dates in a sieve over a bowl to save the water, then add them to the processor & pulse until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a little of the date water & pulse again.
- Divide the mixture into 20 balls. Roll each ball to create an even shape & then roll in the extra desiccated coconut to coat.
- Place on a tray & refrigerate for an hour before serving. Store in the fridge & eat within a week.
- These can be frozen by placing on a baking tray so they don't stick together, then transfer to a sealed container. Defrost in fridge.
As with everything, moderation is key!